If you’d like to start an in-person or virtual Club – for your friends, neighbours, seniors group, patients/residents/clients or work colleagues – check back here for a Club Pack.
Who did we design the Club Packs for?
Anyone can kick-start a Live it Up! Club. Seniors, staff or volunteers can be the coordinator. Only Club Coordinators are allowed to order Club Packs.
To become a Club Coordinator
- sign-up or
- order the Club Coordinator Starter Kit
When you order the free Club Coordinator Starter Kit, you get tips on how to organize your club. You can meet in person, by phone or on-line (e.g. Zoom or Microsoft Team).
All you need is 3 or more other people. You’ll also need to know what the Club members are interested in.
When we came up with the Club Packs, we had in mind:
- Friends in seniors’ apartment buildings
- Neighbours in retirement communities or long-term care homes
- Patients in hospitals or other care centres with limited recreational activities
- Patients/clients who “graduate” from programs (e.g. stroke recovery, diabetes education, physiotherapy) and want to continue challenging themselves
- Seniors’ groups based in community centres
- Resident and family council members
- Social groups who gather in places of worship, libraries, community health centres, etc.
Our scouting showed us that many seniors would like to take charge and organize their own activities, even in places with recreational programs. They wanted more to do during the day to keep active and keep their minds sharp. Staff who are not recreation specialists asked for ideas and kits or packs that they can easily pick-up and use.
Your Club Pack includes:
- How to promote your Live it Up! Club!
- How to organize your gatherings
- Live it Up activities designed for groups and most of the supplies you need to get off on the right foot.