Effective as of July 2, 2020.
- the types of personal information we collect;
- when such collection occurs;
- how we use and share the personal information we collect;
- the steps we take to ensure your personal information is safeguarded appropriately; and
2. What personal data we collect and why we collect it
2.1. Definition of Personal Information
2.2. Collection of Personal Information (Comments, Media, Contact Forms etc.)
We will generally collect personal information directly from you when you purchase a product, browse a Site or interact with us directly, as deemed necessary for the purposes defined in Section 3 below. For example:
- when you purchase a product on our Sites or make inquiries regarding your purchases or products, we may collect information about the transaction, payment or shipment (including information about the recipient of such shipment, if applicable);
- when you contact us or send us questions, comments, suggestions or complaints, we may collect contact information and information about your inquiry that is necessary in order to address it or to respond to you;
- when you apply for a position, we may collect contact information and other information to process your application for employment;
- when you create or access an account on our Sites, we may collect information to identify you;
- when you use (and install, when applicable) our Sites we may collect information about how you use the Sites and where you are located, as further discussed below; and
- we may collect any other personal information you voluntarily provide to us in connection with any other matter.
We may also collect information you share regarding InVizzen on social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Please also be aware that we may be doing automated information collection through cookies (small data files stored on your device used to access and use our Sites), Web beacons (small transparent images used to track Sites visits and effectiveness of advertising) and other similar technologies. The information collected through the use of these cookies and beacons are generally more technical in nature, such as IP addresses, browsers and types of devices. While cookies and beacons are generally automatically accepted by your browser settings, you may wish to adjust or modify such settings by consulting your browser’s Help page. However, please note that cookies and beacons might be necessary to access or use certain features of our Sites.
We may also be collecting information about your physical location when you use a mobile device to access our Sites. If you do not want us to collect such information, please adjust or modify the settings of your mobile device accordingly.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
2.2.3. Contact forms
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
2.3. How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We will generally use your personal information as part of our normal business operations in order to provide you with our products and services our Sites, and to support our business. More specifically, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to process your purchases and related transactions;
- to provide customer service and to respond to your inquiries or requests;
- to elaborate and improve our product offerings and our services;
- to manage and improve our customers’ experiences and our Sites;
- to monitor, analyse and assess the access and use of our Sites, including the registration and authentication of your account, if applicable;
- to customize the content of our Sites and advertising;
- to protect our rights, property and safety and those of our employees, customers and the public;
- to detect and prevent fraud;
- to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes, including for staffing and management of personnel; and
- to comply with legal requirements.
Please note that we will only retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary for the above purposes or as required by law.
3. Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
4. Who we share your data with
We shall not disclose your Personal Information without your consent to any company or person other than those entities affiliated to InVizzen. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may share your information as follows:
- if our service providers which are assisting us with respect to any of the purposes stated in Section 2.3 above (including payment solution providers) require such information to perform their services for us, it being understood that they will only be permitted to use the information as part of the performance of their work for us or when the disclosure of your information is required by law and that such third parties will have appropriate privacy standards in place;
- if we believe that the disclosure of personal information is required by law;
- if we believe that the disclosure of personal information will help us protect our rights, our property and our safety and those of our employees, customers and the public;
- if we believe that the disclosure of personal information is necessary in the investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity or in response to a request by law enforcement authorities; and
- if such disclosure would be in a way that it would not directly identify you, such as through aggregate information as mentioned in Section 2.1 above.
5. What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
6. Safeguard and location of personal information
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures in an effort to protect your personal information and reduce the risk of loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, misuse or modification of your personal information. We also periodically update and review such security measures. Notwithstanding these security measures and our efforts, you acknowledge that no system or network can be entirely secured and that there are inherent risks in disclosing personal information on Web browsers and electronic devices.
7. Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
8. How to contact us
To ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may contact us or log into your account (if applicable) if any changes or modifications are required. You may also send us a written request if you wish to access the personal information we have collected about you. Please be advised that in order for you to modify, access or review your personal information, we may ask you to provide us with sufficient identification.
In all cases, we will generally attempt to answer your request within thirty (30) days or we will advise you if we require a longer response time.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org