Who did we design the Seniors’ Surprise Kits for?
Most of us want to be as healthy as we can, for as long as we can. It takes a great deal of self-motivation to stay on track, especially if:
- We’re stuck in the same old routines.
- We’re unable to leave our home or be with friends because of a pandemic, flu season, bad weather or lack of transportation.
- We’ve been given health tips but aren’t sure how to put them into practice.
- We just can’t think what to do.
We designed each kit to give you something to do each day to help you feel healthier and happier. Gentle exercises, brain boosters and fun activities are included. Research shows how important it is to be physically active and to try new things. This helps our brains stay sharp and our bodies functioning well.
If you’re interested in the Seniors Surprise Kits but live where there is no outside food or no cooking facilities, please contact us. We’ll put together a special kit for you.
You might also be interested in:
- Conversation Starters to brighten up meal and tea/coffee times, phone cats and visits.
- Club Kits. Start a Live it Up! Club at your seniors’ centre, retirement community, place of worship, hospital unit or long-term care home. You could also set up a virtual club where you meet on-line or by phone when you can’t get together physically.
There’s something to look forward to everyday with 7 colourful activity sheets, clear instructions, pictures and supplies. Each activity is specially designed to help your body and brain be happy and healthy.
We can’t tell you exactly what’s in each kit because then it wouldn’t be a surprise!
As a sneak preview, we’ll let you know that you’ll discover gentle exercises and brain boosters to keep you nimble, healthy and delicious treats, as well as creative endevours and the opportunity to learn new skills.